" The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself."
-DEEPAK CHOPRA

Monday, October 1, 2012

How to Cut a China Plate into Mosaic Tiles

I was curious and thought everyone else might be too! I have some old dishes in the garage that were left here by the previous owners. I was going to donate them to the thrift shop but it's not a whole set and they already have a ton there so I saw tiles already cut and thought, huh I wonder if I can do it! Well, with a computer you can do most anything!

I googled around and found this tutorial! How to Cut China into Mosaic Tiles. The basic supplies you need are Tile Nippers, goggles,  and garden gloves. It is very important to protect yourself!

So, yet another project to add to my list of projects! It continues to grow everyday. I am lacking in energy after such a busy weekend! The 7 yr old birthday party was a success and I thank God that there were only 4 of them coming because they are hard to handle. Those first graders! Good fun. Then, some of the WV family stopped in for the night for the 7 yr old birthday girl. I was up til 2:30am talking and now I'm bushed, even after a nap yesterday.

SO, if you have any old dishes laying around and are feeling motivated to do something with them now you can turn them into tiles and google what to do with them or use your imagination!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever used a wet tile saw to cut?

    ReplyDelete