" The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself."
-DEEPAK CHOPRA

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Death's Doorstep

aka Sinus Infection! I have been in the grips of an evil death-like infection for 3 days. I collapsed in a heap of blankets and pillows 2 days ago in the darkest room in the house and sweat it out, profusely mind you. Periodically I would feel little arms hugging me and asking me if I was going to be okay. I love my kids! I have instilled in them the characteristic empathy. This makes me proud! I'm still not back to my normal fibro-self but I have rejoined the family in living room (passed out on the couch). I do not cope with sickness well that is accompanied by a fever with aches and pain. It just seems to throw me over the edge. I'm in so much pain on a daily basis and it just seems to tip the scale. Well, enough talk about sickness. I had some cool things I wanted share about!

First off, we put our third item in our Etsy shop, Maddie's Treasure Shop! That is exciting, even if nothing ever sells. It's about having the courage to put ourselves out there without worrying about what other people think. That does not come easy for most of us. I scan other peoples sites, shops and blogs and that evil voice in my head says, "yours is not good enough". I just tell it to shut up and keep going forward. What kind of example would I set if I quit now do to fear. I write about a lot of things and it is all full of passion at that moment. You have to be passionate about what your writing and honest. That in itself will attract other's. https://www.etsy.com/listing/102667517/pleasantville-inspired-apron

The second thing I wanted to blog about the other day is that I discovered this really cool concept that started in NY and has branched out. It's about bartering for education. What a great idea. I've always had a strong opinion on bartering and education. I always wanted to trade massage therapy but finding people to trade with was the difficult part. A few years back, I found a college student to trade with and it blossomed in to friendship. It was beautiful! I gave her a massage and she taught me yoga once a week for about a year. I think we could really sustain if we bartered more with each other. This particular Trade School found teachers to teach a variety of classes from composting to computer skills and then the students bartered with the teachers to pay for the class. So if I taught a class on how to sew, you could pay me with vegetables from your garden or mow my grass. Their thoughts were that everyone has something to trade and no barter is too small. Well, I'm going to think on this because there is not one near me. Here's the link if you would like to go check it out. http://tradeschool.coop/newyork/class

 If my lack of editing bothers you, get over it! I have more important fish to fry! (saying that is my way of having courage, hehe) Now, back to the couch for another long period of unconscious-nous!

No comments:

Post a Comment