" The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself."
-DEEPAK CHOPRA

Monday, August 13, 2012

James Dean




The girls and I went out Saturday for a little shopping at the posh mall over in Lyndhurst. You won't find JcPenney's in this place! It's Sak's, Dillards, hanna Anderson, etc (meaning none of which we can afford). We each found something worthy (on sale) to take home. We ate at Chick-fil-A irregardless of the controversy flying around these days about that place. In my defense, I have children that are picky and I had to feed them! We got to eat (cheap), you know! In this economy I have to do what I have to do to provide for my children. And, that's all I have to say about that! Get over it!!

Maddie picked out a pair of Jeggings! These are jeans bred with leggings. They fit tight but have a zipper and button closure. She hasn't worn anything this remotely tight or jean-like since she was 4 1/2 when her Autism turned "on". It was a sweet moment for me and her! She is so proud of herself and I am too! Today was her birthday and we celebrated with a small family gathering with my sister and one of her daughters. They brought my mom home and stayed for cake. It was very pleasant. And, Maddie was on her A game (no meltdowns, no potty accidents). Anyhoo, back to our shopping trip!

Abi, oh Abi! I've wrote about what it's like to shop with Abi over here Thriftin' It Again. Twice in one week is a lot with this kid and her why's! At one point I found myself begging her to not ask another why. I must find peace and patience for this somehow! She oddly had a bit of a hard time picking out new shoes. She suddenly became indecisive and I detected some anxiety. After going to the same 3 stores twice, I took her back to The Children's Place. I picked out 2 styles and had her pick one pair. Once we narrowed it down to 1 pair I asked which ones she wanted the 13 or the size one. She said she didn't "get" how a 1 is bigger than a 13! I felt this was a reasonable question. But when she decided to pick the size 1 based on the fact that she is going to be 7 years old soon and should probably be wearing that size I had to stomp on the breaks! She often tries to make decisions based on these weird mathematical like equations based on odd reasons. I know it sounds like I'm picking on the kid but I'm not I love her really I do! Sometimes I just don't understand her and wonder if she is on the Autism Spectrum too.

Now, my turn! Yay, I planned our escape from the mall conveniently from the top floor H&M entrance to the elevator and down to the bottom floor exiting out the main doors to the parking lot. Why? Because I love H&M! I was able to look around briefly, while the girls continued to get rowdier with every second because they were done with our little shopping spree. I spotted a James Dean T-shirt (mine is white) in the men's section! I say, "What the heck is a James Dean t-shirt doing in the men's section? Don't they know it's women that want to have James Dean on their shirt (breasts) not men"! Some man looked at me oddly, no offense guys if you bought one! So, I bought it and headed home with a great big smile on my face! First thing I did when I got home was tried James Dean on;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment