" The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself."
-DEEPAK CHOPRA

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Home Made Laundry Detergent

So, yesterday I made home made laundry detergent! I just checked it. It has turned into an odd substance. I can see why the lady on frugally green, http://frugallygreen.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-to-make-your-own-laundry-soap.html said she used her emulsifier before putting it in the jug with spout. It is a thick, wet, stringy yellow blob. So, I'm going to have to emulsify too, if I want to put it in my old conventional laundry jug.
1- 5 gallon bucket, Borax, Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda, Fels-Naptha

 It really does look like cheese! It is easy to grate!
 6 cups of water and 1/3 of the bar of soap. Melt soap on low heat, do not boil. Stir continuously.
Add 1/2 cup Borax and 1/2 cup Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda. Stir and heat until thickened (this takes a while). 
Lastly poor into bucket, add 4 cups of water and stir. Add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water, stir and seal. Check in the morning! I suggest stirring again and use straight from bucket or emulsify and use a container with a spout! Approximately, 1/2 cup per load, probably will need to adjust to load size and personal preference. Tips: Do Not Boil Soap and Handle Carefully It Is Hot! Good luck!

I will be slowly posting my freezer meals throughout the week and some of my art projects. So far we've made 1 broccoli quiche, 1 breakfast quiche, 1 turkey meatloaf, barbecue chicken and hamburger meatloaf. My picket fence piece is almost complete, and I am slowly working on the "secret" owl project! Maybe, I can find the energy to finish the entryway! Now, that is optimistic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment